Why Join Village Movement California?
A Voice for California Villages
Power of Numbers
Together with our partners and supporters, Village Movement California seeks to revolutionize the experience of aging, because we believe that the power of community can create society-wide change in the way we age. We are leading the way with the tools, connections and visibility needed so that villages throughout the state can thrive. By joining together, we can ensure that all Californians have access to vibrant communities that enhance and expand the ways we can age well.
The Village Movement is a new social venture built on the radical old idea that together we’re better. As human beings, we’re hard-wired for cooperation. The seeds of the Movement were planted in the Beacon Hill neighborhood of Boston in 2002, and has continued to evolve across the country. There are now over 225 villages in operation and another 130 in development nationwide. California is home to 60 villages.
Whether you are a village representative, a potential partner, a business providing services to older adults, or a foundation interested in new models of aging… whether you are a village member, a prospective member, or someone who is excited about the prospect of changing the paradigm of aging in America… we invite you to join us because:
- Sustaining villages in California will require collective action
- Revolutionizing aging at the local level can only take place when there is enough scale for impact
- The ingenuity and inventiveness happening at the local level deserves a statewide stage.
- California faces a shortage of options to support our desire to stay healthy, connected and in control as we age.
- In California, we understand the potential to reshape society through the power of innovation.