Training, Events & Conferences
Village Movement California provides a variety of training opportunities based on member interest.
Recent Statewide Convening – The Age of Leadership
Use this link to access the program booklet, slides, materials and remarks.
On Demand Training
Recordings of web based workshops covering branding and marketing, fund development and member survey results are available on the member dashboard. You must join Village Movement California to gain access.
Webinar – November 7, 2019 10:00 – 11:00 am
Staking A Claim: Communicating the Value Villages Offer the Aging Continuum
- Kate Hoepke, Village Movement California Chair and San Francisco Village Executive Director, will deliver her remarks from the Village to Village Network Conference. A video recording is here.
Webinar – December 10, 2019 10:00 – 11:00 am
Social Connection: The Research and Case for Villages
- Dan Rowland, RN, BSN and Doctoral Candidate at the University of San Francisco, will share key research from his literature review on social isolation, loneliness, and social connection. Register here.
Speaking Engagements – Fall 2019
Village to Village Network National Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, September 18 – 20, 2019
- Opening Keynote Address on September 18: Staking a Claim presented by Kate Hoepke, Village Movement California Chair and San Francisco Village Executive Director
- Breakout Session on September 20: Social Isolation and the Village presented by Charlotte Dickson, Village Movement California Executive Director and Maureen Feldman, Motion Picture Television Fund
League of California Cities Annual Conference, Long Beach, CA, October 16 – 18, 2019
- Breakout Session on October 18, 2019: Villages and Resilient, Age Friendly Cities presented by Charlotte Dickson, Steve Lustig, Ashby Village, Dr. John Hall, San Luis Obispo Village and Aisha Jasper, City of Fremont.
The Senior Agenda Coalition of Rhode Island, Warwick, Rhode Island, November 1, 2019
- Opening Keynote Address presented by Kate Hoepke, Village Movement California Chair and San Francisco Village Executive Director
California Association of Area Agencies on Aging Allied Conference, Glendale, CA, November 19 – 21, 2019
- Breakout Session November 21 8:30 – 10:00 am: Village Movement California: Scaling the Village Model and Ideal presented by Charlotte Dickson, Tony Gitt, Conejo Valley Village and Carol Kitabayashi, Westside Pacific Villages.